Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? Please take a minute to review the following questions
All the questions are listed first. To view the answers simply click on the question.
If you still have some unanswered questions then why not give us
a call on 0800 781 6834
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I really gain Freedom From Diets Forever?
- How is it possible to lose weight without going on a diet?
- You mention low GI eating plans- Isn't this a diet?
- How much weight will I lose?
- How quickly will I lose weight?
- Will I have to exercise?
- What experience do the Weight Management Consultants have?
- You say Y's WeightT is 70% effective at helping people lose weight for life. How do you know?
- What happens if I'm not successful?
- How will I know if the programme will work for me?
- What happens when I attend my meeting?
- How long does each meeting last?
- How many sessions do I have to attend?
- How will I know which Y's WeightT plan will work for me?
- Can I try a sessions before I commit to a plan?
- What will I have to eat?
- Will I have to take any food supplements?
- I've been on lots of diets before and I always put the weight back on. Why will this programme be different?
- How much does it cost?
- Why should I choose you?
- Ok, I want to give it a try. What do I do next?
1. Can I really gain Freedom From Diets Forever?
Yes you can. Diets don't work.
Have you ever been on a diet, lost weight and kept it off?
Well if you are like 95% of all dieters the answer will be "No".
The chances are if you are reading this, you have been on many diets, and like 95% of all dieters you have been unable to lose weight and keep it off for life. If diets really did work then you wouldn't have to keep going on a diet, once would be enough.
The problem is most dieters blame themselves for the failure, not the diet they were following. So they continue to yo-yo diet believing that it is lack of will power that is keeping them from staying slim.
Y's Weight® changes your understanding of how to become slim for life. Our programme deals with the emotional attachments to food that cause you to over eat. This is the key difference.
Following a diet relies 100% on will power, and this is bound to crumble at some point, it happens to everyone. Our customers understand how to make healthy choices about what they eat, and most importantly they WANT to make these choices. They are NOT using will power to resist temptations.
If you truly want to be slim for life you must give up dieting. Call us on 0800 781 6834 to book your FREE assessment so you can see how Y's Weight® could change you life.
2. How is it possible to lose weight without going on a diet?
Because diets don't work! Click here to read more
If you want to lose weight and gain Freedom From Diets Forever then you will have to make some changes to your eating habits. Our programme is not magic!
The difference is that with Y's Weight® you will not be relying on your will power to help you stick to a short term eating regime. If you do this then the weight is bound to creep back on once you return to a "normal" eating plan.
We will help you understand how different foods affect your body.
And most importantly we will help you to WANT to make healthy choices.
Y's WeightT customers learn how to become free from food cravings
and gain control over their eating. Click here
to read what our customers have to say about us.
3. You mention low GI eating plans. Isn't this a diet?
No. We do not advocate diets. As we mention numerous times throughout this site - Diets don't work! (click here to read more)
A low GI eating plan is about understanding the effects different foods can have on our body, our energy levels and our food cravings.
We advise our customers to change permanently to a low GI eating plan as this is recognised as a healthy way to maintain a healthy weight for life.
You will not feel like you are on a diet following a low GI eating plan, although you may have to plan your meals in the early days until you get into the swing of things.
The important point to remember is that changing what you eat is only a part of Y's Weight®. Doing this without dealing with your emotional attachments to food, would be no better than following any of the leading diet brands.
4. How much weight will I lose?
You will lose as much weight as you need to take you down to a healthy weight for your body type.
We don't just target weight loss as this is not the most important indicator of success. We also measure your body fat% and work with you to decrease this to a healthy level. We also help you to feel great about your body and confident that you will reach your success goals.
We will discuss you success goals with you at your free assessment.
5. How quickly will I lose weight?
You will start to see some measurable results within the first 8 weeks.
This is not a quick fix, quick weight loss programme. The healthy way to lose weight is at the rate of 1-2lbs per week at the most.
Quicker short term results can be achieved by following a diet programme, but success is rarely maintained in the long run (95% of dieters put weight back on). With Y's Weight® once you get there, you stay there. And you NEVER have to diet again.
6. Will I have to exercise?
To lose weight and maintain your weight loss you will have to increase your activity levels. This is one of the areas your consultant will work on with you.
Small changes in your daily routine can have a big difference. You don't have to join a gym and work out for an hour a day to start to see the benefits of exercise. We will help you make these changes easily.
7. What experience do the Weight Management Consultants have?
All of our Weight Management Consultants have attended the Y's Weight® training programme.
Y's Weight® is a recognised affiliate of TOAST (The Obesity Awareness and Solutions Trust) and the NCFED (the National Centre for Eating Disorders)
Our franchisees receive training from TOAST on the current issues surrounding obesity. TOAST works closely with academics, patient groups, the medical profession, consumers and local government, to raise awareness and seek solutions for the treatment and prevention of obesity.
Elaine Gold, the founder of Y's Weight® has
trained with the NCFED who are acknowledged as one the UK's leading
specialists in the treatment of eating disorders and obesity.
8. You say Y's Weight® is 70% effective at helping people lose weight for life. How do you know?
So far, over 70% of our clients have reported achieving their goals.
In the first free consultation session, we always help our clients to identify what success would mean to them. We encourage clients to identify a range of goals, not just weight loss, but also loss of body fat and inches, and mostly importantly, setting goals which have to do with how they feel about themselves.
At various points in the programme, we review how we are doing, and then always follow up with a client after they finish, even after a year. We keep in touch with our clients for the long term to check that they are having continued success.
Our success is not surprising since we are combining three proven keys to effective and permanent weight loss:
- Using established techniques to resolve emotional issues and food cravings which means the end of emotional eating. Clients say, "I'm back in control!"
- Helping individuals to put away diets, and focus on balanced low GI healthy eating
- Encouraging increased activity levels which help to turn your body into a fat burning machine.
9. What happens if I'm not successful?
During you initial free assessment we will work with you to determine whether the Y's Weight® programme will be suitable for you. Only after this appointment will we recommend a programme to suit your needs.
If, after following the Y's Weight® plan, as advised by your consultant, you are not satisfied with the results you achieve we will refund you the cost of your programme in full - guaranteed!
10. How will I know the programme will work for me?
The first stage of a Y's Weight® programme is to attend your free, no obligation assessment. During this meeting we will discuss with you your goals, your attitudes towards food and your dieting history. We will then recommend a plan for you and tell you how it will work.
Only after this free assessment will we both (you and us) know if Y's Weight® is right for you.
11. What happens when I attend my meetings?
All your meetings will be held in a private consulting room with your Weight Management Consultant. You will see the same consultant at every meeting.
During your first meeting we will take a set of base line measurements (weight, body fat %) and ask you questions regarding your feelings towards food, exercise and your body. We do this so we can help you track your progress towards your goals.
Your consultant will then show you the techniques that we use.
12. How long does each meeting last?
Each one-to-one meeting with your consultant will last for one hour
13. How many sessions do I have to attend?
The number of sessions you will attend depends on which Y's Weight® programme you choose with your consultant. Different programmes are designed to suit different needs.
The minimum requirement is 4 meeting plus your free assessment
14. How will I know which Y's Weight® plan will work for me?
During your free assessment your Weight Management Consultant will discuss with you the different options available. Each plan is designed to meet different needs and offer different levels of support, so not every plan will be suitable for you. Your consultant will advise you on which plan we recommend.
For a quick guideline to which plan will suit you, (click here) to take our free Y's Weight® assessment.
15. Can I try a sessions before I commit to a plan?
Yes you can. This is what your free assessment is for. You can Try Before You Buy.
During this meeting we will show you a couple of the techniques we use. This will help you understand whether Y's Weight® will work for you.
16. What will I have to eat?
To lose weight and stay slim for life you will have to make some changes to your eating habits. Our programmes help you to do this without struggling with will power. You will gain Freedom From Diets Forever.
We recommend a low GI eating plan. This is a healthy way to lose weight and maintain it for life, whilst still eating a large variety of foods.
We will help you to understand the low GI plan and why it is important to recognise the effects different foods can have on your body. You will find it easy to make healthy food choices in future with our support.
17. Will I have to take any food supplements?
No. we do not advocate weight loss through taking food supplements or using food replacements.
We believe the only way to gain Freedom From Diets Forever is to teach yourself to eat healthy foods.
18. I've been on lots of diets before and I always out the weight back on. Why will this programme be different?
The reason you have never enjoyed long term success is because diets don't work!
95% of dieters end up regaining the weight that they tried so hard to lose. To be slim for life you need to forget dieting for good! (click her to read more on this subject)
Y's Weight® deals with the emotional reasons for overeating. Being overweight or obese is a complex issue. Lack of confidence, low self esteem, worrying about being deprived, the belief that weight loss is difficult and not believing that YOU can be slim for life, are all negative beliefs common to people who struggle to maintain a healthy target weight. Our techniques dissolve these issues for good allowing you to feel in control of your eating.
19. How much does it cost?
The cost depends on which one of our support programmes you opt for. Our Freedom From Diets Forever programmes range from a short 8 week plan through to a full 12 month plan.
(Click here to read more about our different programmes)
20. Why should I choose you?
Let me give you a few reasons.
21. I want to give it a try. What do I do next?
- We offer Freedom From Diets Forever - guaranteed or your money back
- We are 70% effective at helping people lose weight for life
- You will gain control of your eating habits and break free from the rut of yo-yo dieting
- We have dedicated weight loss practices where you can meet in a private consulting room with your Weight Management Consultant.
- You will meet with the same consultant at every meeting
- We will not ask you to weigh-in once a week. In fact we recommend you stay off the scales for at least 8 weeks
- You will benefit from one-to-one sessions focused on your needs. You will not be part of a group
- You can try before you buy
- You will be able to become a member of Y's Weight® ensuring that you keep up-to-date and motivated to succeed
- Your Weight Management Consultant will always be happy to take your call if you want a quick, motivational chat
- Your confidence will increase. You will no longer feel miserable about your weight
- You will become free from food cravings for life
- We understand that one size doesn't fit all. We have different programmes designed to suit the needs of the individual
If you would like to find out how we could help YOU gain Freedom
From Diets Forever, then just give us a call on 0800 781
6834 to book your free, no obligation assessment or click
here to fill out our enquiry form.
It couldn't be simpler. We will send you a FREE gift pack with an invitation to your FREE one-to-one session with one of our Weight Management Consultants.
Why not also take the time to sign up to our free mini-course below.